I have recently become EXIN DevOps Master certified after passing the certification exam. This blog provides you with some background about DevOps and also about its certification process.
DevOps is primarily associated with software development, but its principles are increasingly applied to other projects and processes. This makes DevOps interesting for IT professionals who want to broaden their knowledge to address the latest developments in IT management. Application developers, product owners, agile scrum masters, project managers, test managers, and IT service managers will benefit from this exam.
DevOps is a set of best practices that emphasize the collaboration and communication of IT-professionals (developers, operators, and support staff) in the lifecycle of applications and services, leading to:
- Continuous Integration: easy hand-off from Development to Operations and Support
- Continuous Deployment: release continuously or as often as possible
- Continuous Feedback: seek feedback from stakeholders during all lifecycle stages
DevOps Principles and Concepts
|Software Development Methodologies
||Waterfall, Agile, SCRUM
|Development, Release, and Development Concepts
||Version Control, Test-Driven Development, Application Deployment, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Continuous Deployment, Minimum Viable Product
|| Configuration Management, Cloud Computing, Infrastructure Automation, Artifact Management, Containers
||Retrospective, Postmortem, Blamelessness, Organizational Learning
As per the Master program that I recent passed, please note that the EXIN DevOps Master program is an advanced level certification that teaches candidates a combination of principles, knowledge and practical skills. This enables them to introduce and promote DevOps in their organization to better manage application and service lifecycles and facilitate collaborative work.
The certification covers:
- Adoption of DevOps
- Planning, requirements and design
- Development and deployment
- Operation and dimensioning
- End of life
Eligibility for DevOps Master® Examination
Accredited training DevOps Master®, including successful completion of the Practical Assignments, and Successful completion of the DevOps Master® exam. For more information about EXIN DevOps Master click here.
Benefits of DevOps:
- DevOps changes how individuals think about their work;
- DevOps values the diversity of work done;
- It supports intentional processes that accelerate the rate by which businesses realize value;
- It measures the effect of social and technical change;
- DevOps is a way of thinking and a way of working that enables individuals and organizations to develop and maintain sustainable worktices.
DevOps is best for following professionals:
- Software Developers
- Technical Project Managers
- Operations Support
- Deployment engineers
- IT managers
- Development managers
Consideration for success DevOps in enterprise: CALMS model
- C - Culture : Change behavior
- A - Automation: Automatization with autonomy
- L - Lean: JIT and One piece flow
- M - Measurement: Business outcomes, JKK
- S - Sharing: All information and status, value and goal
The Phoenix Project
A Novel about IT, DevOps, and helping your business.
Gene Kim, Kevin Behr, George Spafford.
For general understanding
Reliable Software Releases through Build, Test, and Deployment automation.
Jez Humble, David Farley
For DevOps Engineer, Reliability Engineer, Development team, Process Master.
Building a Culture of Collaboration, Affinity, and Tooling at Scale
Jennifer Davis, Katherine Daniels
For: Process Master, Development team
A Software Architect’s perspective
(SEI Series in Software Engineering)
Len Bass, Ingo Weber, Liming Zhu.
For Development team, Process Master, Service Master, DevOps Engineer, Reliability Engineer, Gatekeeper.
I hope above overview of DevOps is of some help. Please share your experience and views about DevOps by dropping me a line.
If you have liked this blog then do like, share or comment so that I continue to write similar blogs in the future :) . Thanks.Urish Arora